Valentines Date Night-In
Valentines doesn't need to be fancy or expensive, it is about spending time with the ones that you love and sometimes the things we love are being home on the couch with our favourite people and our favourite snacks! So here's how to create a sweet date night-in (or a family date night) that will make your loved one feel extra special - Here's how:
Dinner & a Movie
The perfect date night at home consists of 4 elements:
The key to creating a date night at home that doesn't look like the average week night dinner is the decor. You can go all out or keep it really sweet and simple. Float heart helium-filled balloons around the room or add a bunch to the dining table. Scatter air-filled heart balloons on the table, floor and couch. Add a bouquet of flowers on the table, light a few candles and set the table. You can also scatter rose petals (real or fake) or write a menu for dinner. Write a card and place it on the table, and if you have organised a gift you can also add it to the table.
1. Cook it yourself: Take the ordinary to a whole new level and be sure to impress your special someone with a home cooked meal. Unsure what to cook or where to start? Italian is the language of love or just Google any Jamie Oliver recipe and you are onto a winner!
2. Home cooked - Just not by you. Made-from-scratch is nice but if you are short on time or cooking is not your specialty then you can create something amazing with supermarket pre-pared meal kits. The trick here is to try something new - not the same-old-same-old every day weekday dinner.
3. Order in and have it delivered - Uber Eats, Menulog, DeliverRoo - Take your pick.
1. A chocolate mousse, tart or cheesecake would be perfect end to your dinner. Adding valentines cake sprinkles to any dessert or plate will make it look extra special without too much effort.
2. Create WOW factor with a dessert board
3. Put together a hamper of your favourite movie snacks
Be prepared with a sweet movie all ready to go - Here are our top picks for just the two of you or the whole family